Tuesday 21 October 2008

The Hole Reflection

When this book first explains about the Camp Green Lake in the beginning, I did not understand why this book lake was related to the title Holes. As I read more, I could understand why the author was introducing this lake. The author was trying to show that how this lake was useless, hot and empty. Later those few boys who committed crimes were sent to Camp Green Lake and they had to dig holes five feet deep and five feet wide every day. This part was the point that I started to get interest and think this book was unique. First I thought this Camp Green Lake would be the place where everyone could have fun but realized it was not. It was just the place where people go instead of jail. For sure, when the main character had to choose this camp, I expected that something interesting would happen. However so far, it was not very interesting.

Stanley’s expectation of making new friends seemed quite dumb. Even though he did something bad and going to this camp instead of jail, I thought that he still did not understand the situation and seemed little ridiculous. I still did not understand the part when there was some explanation about Stanley’s dad and his great great great grandfather. So far, there weren’t any conflicts, so the story seems little bored so far.

No comments: